REGULATION OF THE COMPETITION
1. III International Piano Competition „Chopin Plus” organized by Artistic Association “Porta Musicae” and Primary and Secondary Bronisław Rutkowski School of Music in Kraków will take place in the period: April 24-27 2024.
2. Competition auditions are open for public and will proceed in five age limit groups.
1. For the Competition can apply young pianists assigned in following groups because of the age of participant:
I group – born after 2014
II group – born in years 2012 – 2014
III group – born in years 2009 – 2011
IV group – born in years 2005-2008
V group – No age limit
2. The Competition will also be held in an online format – separate from the live auditions. The online categories are available for all age groups. They are intended for foreign participants only, to enable them to participate in case of communication restrictions worldwide.
3. The recording should be published on YouTube and show the candidate’s body and hands.
4. Audio editing is not allowed.
5. Pieces may be recorded separately.
6. Links to the recordings should be sent along with the rest of the required documents to the competition email address: email@example.com
1. Applications for participation in the Competition (on the form available at www.chopinpluskrakow.pl) together with a payment confirmation should be sent by April 7th, 2024 to the competition email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following attachments should be send with application form:
a) copy of document showing date of the birth
b) short CV
c) proof of payment the application fee
d) High resolution portrait photo.
Application fee should be sent to:
Porta Musicae Artistic Association
ul. Przewóz 36A/15, 30-716 Krakow, Poland
Application fee amount:
Groups 1-3 – 30 euro
Groups 4-5 – 45 euro
account number in Euro: PL 05 1750 0012 0000 0000 2724 6052
in the title of payment write: Donation: “Chopin Plus” and the name of participant.
All the candidates, who in the day of beginning of the Competition are under 18 years old should add letter from one of the parents/guardians about their agree for participation in the Competition.
2. Application form sended after April, 7th 2024 will not be accepted.
3. The list of participants qualified to participate in the Competition and the date of the audition will be posted on the Competition’s website.
4. In case of resignation the application fee will be not returned.
5. The results of the competition will be published on the website www.chopinpluskrakow.pl no later than 30 April 2024.
Program must be performed from memory.
-One or more pieces composed by F. Chopin
-One or more pieces composed by composer of the candidate’s nationality
Group I – up to 6 minutes
Group II – up to 10 minutes
Group III – up to 12 minutes
Group IV – up to 15 minutes
Group V – up to 18 minutes
1. Director of the Competition invite Chairman and Members of Jury. If necessary the Director of the Competition can make changes of members of the Jury.
2. Composition of Jury will be announced public before Competition.
3. Jury rates performance of participants and work according the Regulation of the Competition approved by Director of the Competition.
1. The list of Prizewinners will be approved by director of the Competition based on the decision of Jury.
2. There will be prizes and distinctions in every groups.
3. The list of Prizewinners including the prizes will be annouced public.
4.There will be prizes and distinctions in individual groups, both in the live and online categories.
1. Jury has right to change the system of prizes or not to aword some of them. However given prizes can not be lower or higher then as they were announced in Regulation of The Competition, and the amount designated for the prizes can not be rised.
2. Decisions of Jury are irrevocable and unchallengeable.
Participants are obliged to provide permits for Competition Office for free use of their artistic performances during competition and also give the Competition Office dispose the rights for them in following fields of exploitations:
– recording and reproduction: production by any technique copies of performances, including magnetic and digital recording technology
– disseminating: broadcasting and re-broadcasting and reproduction to the public performances in such a way that eweryone has access in chosen by themselves time and place.
In all organizational matters not belonged to the competence of Jury, Director of the Competition has the right to make decisions, which are irrevocable and not amenable.